About the way Indian society is divided into the touchables and untouchables, who are deemed to be polluted beings.
Shantaram is the story of an Australian who escapes jail and runs away to India. The mesmerizing novel is almost as thick as the Lonely Planet book — pages. He encounters Bombay Mumbai slums and the dark arts of mafia, wars, bloody fights, remote towns, and prisons.
Though controversial, Shantaram is awesome and one of the must-read books about India. Sideways on a Scooter: Life and Love in India , in contrast, is a newer non-fiction novel, which shines the lights to modern India. Kennedy leaves her job in New York City during her 20s, then travels to India with no prospect. She learns first hand the crazily hard experience of renting an apartment and living alone as a single woman in the capital New Delhi.
I love this memoir because I see it happening in real life as I travel through Rajasthan India.
- ACI 350M-06: Metric Code Requirements for Environmental Engineering Concrete Structures and Commentary.
- The Truth about IKEA: The Secret Behind the Worlds Fifth Richest Man and the Success of the Flatpack Giant.
- Computational Methods for SNPs and Haplotype Inference: DIMACS/RECOMB Satellite Workshop, Piscataway, NJ, USA, November 21-22, 2002. Revised Papers;
- The Tarot of the Magicians.
- The history of the Armenian genocide: Hearing before the Committee on International Relations, House of Representatives, One Hundred Fourth Congress, second session, May 15, 1996.
- Signed by the Author.
- Post navigation!
The book is still very much relevant for those who wish to explore the culture before visiting India! Download Twilight Twilight, 1 by Stephenie Meyer.
- Sideways on a Scooter: Life and Love in India - Miranda Kennedy - Google книги.
- KIRKUS REVIEW;
- Our Frequent Buyer Card.
- Book review: Sideways on a Scooter | Rolf Potts' Vagabonding blog.
- Automatic Logic Synthesis Techniques for Digital Systems;
Dubliners by James Joyce. Dysmorphic Kingdom by Colleen Chen.
Book: Sideways on a Scooter, by Miranda Kennedy | Seeing Clarely
Schlesinger Jr. Evermore The Immortals, 1 by Alyson Noel. Go Ask Alice by Beatrice Sparks. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn.
Books and More
In the Forest by Edna O'Brien. Ink Paper Gods, 1 by Amanda Sun.
Lizard World by Terry Richard Bazes. Marked House of Night, 1 by P. Pretty Baby by Mary Kubica. Read Dr.
Richard the Third by Paul Murray Kendall. Sister Dear by Laura McNeill.
Miranda Kennedy - Sideways on a Scooter: Life & Love in India
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut. So You've Got A Cataract? Stray Shifters, 1 by Rachel Vincent. The Concubine's Children by Denise Chong. The Elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. The Rules of Dreaming by Bruce Hartman. The Silent Wife by A.
“Sideways on a Scooter” Event Review
The Way to Cook by Julia Child. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson. War for the Oaks by Emma Bull.